Chemours™ Opteon® YF is a non-ozone depleting, low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant that was developed to meet the EU Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) Directive for phaseout of high GWP refrigerants for automotive air-conditioning. With a GWP of 4, Chemours™ Opteon® YFreadily meets the EU MAC Directive. It exhibits similar operating conditions compared to HFC-134a and has the potential to replace HFC-134a in all applications where mild flammability is accepted.
Chemours™ Opteon® YF is mildly flammable, (A2L), but should require only modest design changes to be used in direct expansion mobile air-conditioning systems.
R-1234yf or HFO-1234yf
New mobile air-conditioning (MAC) application only
- Non-ozone deplenting hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO)
- Low GWP refrigerant = 4
- Toxicity comparable to HFC-134a
- Good environmental performance, lowest LCCP of all next generation alternatives
- Similar operating conditions compared to HFC-134a
- Thermally stable under extreme use conditions encountered in a MAC system
- Cooling capacity equivalent to HFC-134a
- Energy efficiency better than or equivalent to HFC-134a
Not subject to phaseout under Montreal Protocol
- PAGs that have been formulated specifically for use with HFO-1234yf
- Compatible with POE lubricants